Livermore Railroad Depot
The 120-year-old building that once helped link the City of Livermore to the greater Bay Area and beyond – moved down the street. The Railroad Depot was built by Southern Pacific in 1892. Although renovated over the years, it was in need of a complete rehabilitation due to deficiencies in ADA compatibility and current technologies. The project included selective demolition of non-historic additions and preparation of the building for relocation to the new site. Rehabilitation work included restoration of the original redwood exterior siding, wood windows and doors and rehabilitation of existing historic finishes at the interior of the building. An interior stair was reconstructed in the original configuration to link to the first and second floors. Page & Turnbull upgraded building systems, added seismic structural reinforcement and provided accessible access throughout.