POSITION: CULTURAL RESOURCES / ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNER
We’re looking for a full-time environmental planner to join our Cultural Resources Planning Studio in San Francisco. The Cultural Resources Planning Studio provides a range of services related to environmental approvals and entitlements. You will work closely with architectural historians, historians, architects, and preservation planners to prepare cultural resource planning documents.
- Prepare a variety of research efforts and reports, including, but not limited to: Historic Resource Evaluation Technical Reports for CEQA; NEPA and Section106 Compliance documentation; Federal Tax Credit Certification documentation; and HABS/HAER reports.
- Develop and manage project work plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Supervise/mentor interns and young professionals.
- Minimum of 2 years of directly relevant professional experience.
- Ability to assist collaborative teams for large projects and work individually on smaller projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet and manage client expectations.
- Knowledge of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
- Experience in identifying, documenting, and evaluating historic properties for planning and environmental compliance purposes.
- Knowledge of historic preservation planning and policy.
- Outstanding research, writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Fluency in the Microsoft Office program suite.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and ESRI GIS software.
- Communicative, self-motivated, dependable, enthusiastic, interested in growth and challenge.
- Meet the National Park Service’s Professional Qualifications Standards (Code of Federal Regulations, 36 CFR Part 61) for Historic Preservation Planning, Historic Preservation, Architectural History, and/or History.
- A graduate degree in planning, urban studies, architectural history, or historic preservation.
- Knowledge of California history and/or architectural history.
- Commitment to participation in a professional organization.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Page & Turnbull is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com.
Deadline for submission is June 10, 2018.